Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Suppose it's your last meal on Earth. What would you have and why?


If I get a chance to choose my last meal on earth, it would be my all time comfort food Chole Bhature. The smell and sight of a steaming hot plate of Chole Bhature makes me drool. It reminds me of childhood, when my mom used to cook puffy bhature and zesty chole on my birthdays. Every time my mom made Chhole Bhature for my school lunch box, my day was made. She always used to pack extra Bhatures for my friends who relished every bite of the scrumptious dish.

When it comes to taste, nothing can beat the earthy flavours of Chole Bhature. While staying in hostel during my college days, a not so morning person like me did not mind waking up on Sundays to dive into Chole Bhature that were served for breakfast. I still remember how I had gobbled up six bhatures at a row to beat my roommate who could eat just four. Many years have passed since then but Sundays don't feel complete if it’s not Chhole Bhature for breakfast.

You won’t be surprised if I tell you that the first dish that I learnt from my mom was Chole Bhature. Though I’m not an enthusiastic cook, but my love for this dish made me excel at preparing it. When I visited my in-laws for the first time, I managed to succeed in the tricky task of impressing them by making delicious Chole Bhature for them.

My husband’s colleagues have become a big fan of my Chole Bhature after relishing it in a recent potluck party. Recently, I had set up a Chole Bhature stall in a food festival held in our society. The intense aroma of deep fried bhature and tangy chole was inviting enough to make it sell like hot cakes.

My mouth is watering even while I’m writing about Chole Bhature. Well, I don’t really know which meal would be my last, but I have already made up my mind to have Chole Bhature for my next meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment